Hello Everyone!!! Welcome Back to Great Chow!!!
Episode: Delicious Individual Beef Wellingtons
Hello Everyone!!! Here is a brand new video recipe for delicious individual Beef Wellington. It is a beef recipe that I feature the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker IP-DUO60 to cook with. Although I do not apply pressure, I still use the instant pot sauté function because I love one pot cooking. I also show you the steps on the stove top too so that everyone can make this delicious beef recipe.
Great Chow TV’s delicious Individual Beef Wellingtons is Filet Mignon that is perfectly seasoned and smothered in mushrooms and onions, topped with creamy dijon, then wrapped in puff pastry and baked to golden brown perfection. This is such a delicious beef recipe; I hope you give it a try. Beef Wellington also make a great holiday recipe or a special occasion recipe!
Here is the Awesome Photo Gallery from the Episode!
Recipes and Directions
• Three 2 ½-to-3-inch-tall pieces beef tenderloin (filet mignon), about ¾ pound
• 4 tablespoon light sauce olive oil
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 8 ounces finely-chopped Baby Bella mushrooms
• 1 small to medium cup finely-chopped yellow onion
• 1 teaspoon chopped garlic; I like jarred garlic
• ½ teaspoon (pinch) kosher salt
• Freshly-ground pepper, to taste (I use a peppercorn grinder)
• Freshly-ground Italian Seasoning (I use a Italian Grinder)
• ¼ cup dry sherry
• 1 tsp dry Thyme and 1-3 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dry parsley
• 3 sheet puff pastry sheets
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 tablespoon water)
1. Rub the meat generously with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
2. Chop mushrooms and dice onion.
3. Turn Instant Pot on and wait until the read out says HOT and drizzle in the Olive oil. Once the pot is very hot, sear the two filets very briefly on each side approx. 2 min each side.
Alternate Method: Stove top – Over Medium High flame, heat the pan and the add olive oil. Once the pan is very hot, sear the two filets very briefly on each side approx. 2 min each side.
4. Remove filets to an awaiting side-plate.
Note: Searing build a delicious crust and develop its complex flavors around the outside of the filet, this is not meant to fully cook the filet.
5. In the same pot or pan. Add 2 tbs butter, and deglaze with Sherry. Allow the alcohol to burn off. Scrape the bottom of the pot to incorporate the left over delicious bits then add the other 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms. Sprinkle on salt pepper, dry thyme, sprigs of thyme . Cook until the mushrooms release all their water and the onion is translucent.
7. Roll out one puff pastry piece.
8. On the puff pastry sheet add a scope of mushrooms and onion sauté. Then set a whole filet on top of the sauté.
9. Either brush the filet with Dijon mustard on all sides or add a tablespoon of dijon on top of the filet. The add another scoop of saute on top of the dijon coated filet.
10. Fold the long sides of the pastry over the steak, tucking in and tightly sealing all the edges. Cut away and extra excess puff pastry away and fold the excess underneath. Repeat process for the other filets.
11. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with tin foil. Drizzle the foil with olive oil.
12. While the oven preheats; beat 1egg with 1tbs of water to make the egg wash. Set the Wellingtons on the foil and generously coat Wellingtons with the egg wash.
13. Bake for 5 minutes at 450, after 5 min reduce temp to 425 and bake for 20 min. until a thermometer inserted into the middle of the steak reads 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (medium-rare) and the pastry is a deep golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 min. For Rare/Medium Rare slice at internally 145 degrees(f).
14. Cut in half so you can see the intersection of the filet, mushroom/onion saute, and the golden brown pastry.
Thank you for joining me. I do hope you make these fantastic delicious individual Beef Wellingtons. I will see you next time!!! Don’t for get to subscribe on Youtube and right here on GreatChowTV.com more more videos and recipes!!!
All the best and Happy Cooking!!!
~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)
GreatChowTV on Social Media:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com