Hello Everyone! Welcome Back to Great Chow !
Episode: Stuffed Flank Steak – Stuffed with Prosciutto, Sautéed Spinach, Mozzarella and Provolone Cheese
This time around I wanted to share one of my favorite and fantastic recipes for a delicious Stuffed Flank Steak, Italian style. It is stuffed with delicious Prosciutto Di Parma, Sautéed Spinach, Mozzarella and Provolone cheese along with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. It’s an absolutely delicious recipe that I definitely recommend you try. It is perfect and versatile for during the week, weekends, for family and friends as well as for holidays.
Great Chow’s Stuffed Flank Steak VIDEO !!!
For this recipe I tried at brand-new video format that I am sure you will absolutely enjoy. It’s truly inspiring and I am pleased to present it to you.
- (1) 2 – 2.5 pound Flank Steak
- 5 to 6 slices Prosciutto Di Parma
- 3 to 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 to 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Splash of Olive Oil
- Twine (Butchers String to Tie up the Stuffed Flank Steak)
- 5-6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 1 tsp chopped jarred Garlic
- half cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Over medium heat add 2 tablespoons (or long splash of olive oil) add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, one sliced shallot and mix. Sauté for a minute. Then add half cup chicken broth and mix.
- Add 5 to 6 ounces of fresh spinach and salt-and-pepper for taste. Mix and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the spinach leaves breakdown into a soft mixture. Remove from heat.
- On a solid surface lay down plastic wrap, place flank steak on top of plastic wrap and apply another sheet of plastic wrap on top. With a mallet pound the flank steak until its evenly flat.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the surface and sprinkle the flat surface generously with Italian style breadcrumbs and lay the flattened flank steak on top.
- Generously sprinkle the top of the flank steak with additional Italian style breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff the flank steak by placing 5 to 6 slices of prosciutto di parma, 3 to 4 slices of mozzarella, and 3 to 4 slices of provolone cheese, then add the sautéed spinach to the middle of the steak.
- Roll up the flank steak ensuring all contents have stayed inside and tie up with twine (butcher string) (see accompanying video above for a visual)
- Transfer to a shallow baking pan with tinfoil, add a splash of olive oil along the top of the flank steak.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145° which is medium rare. Remove and transfer to a cutting board allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. And then slice into delicious stuffed flank steak medallions and…~ Enjoy
Serving suggestions include: freshly steamed or sauteed vegetables, mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, freshly baked bread or biscuits.
Red Wine Selection:
A Red Wine such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon (My favorite is a 2011 Napa Valley Annabella – Special Selection)
Thank you for joining me another tasty episode. I truly hope that you enjoy this amazing Italian Style Stuffed Flank Steak. It is sure to be your new favorite steak recipe. I also hope you enjoyed the new video format. I will still keep true to my full length / full feature videos but I thought this was a great alternate way to create and present a fantastic dish.
Thank you for joining me and keep it fresh and wonderful in your kitchen.
I will see you next time.
Thank You ~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)