Hello Everyone! Welcome back to another episode of GreatChowTV.com
UPDATE: Food Network, Cooking Channel and some of the Cooking Channel Host’s have been liking this on GreatChowTV’s Instagram!!! Click here Follow GreatChowTV on IG!
This time around we are going to create a delicious grilled skirt steak that is rubbed with a homemade nine seasoning steak blend that we create from scratch. Then the skirt steak is topped with homemade basil oil which we will also create from scratch. The grilled skirt steak will also be drizzled with balsamic glaze. The balsamic glaze is store-bought. It is not balsamic vinegar and is very different. It is balsamic vinegar that has been reduced down to a smooth and delicious yet mildly sweet and sticky glaze. This dish is super delicious. It is a must try and it’s excellent for grilling season!
Please Note: You can also substitute a grilled flank steak in place for this recipe. Just cook the flank steak to desired doneness.
Photo Gallery from making the Grilled Skirt Steak Video:
Recipe and Directions
• 1-2 lbs Skirt Steak (feel free to substitute a Flank Steak; Grill until doneness is achieved)
• 1 lime
• 1 Bottle of Balsamic Glaze (Can most likely be found in your grocery store next to the olive oil) or here is a link to the same exact product in the video on Amazon: https://goo.gl/6tPQiT
• 9 Seasoning Steak Rub | Combine a teaspoon of the following and mix
Basil Oil | Combine the following and pulse in a food processor
•1-1.5 cups of fresh basil
•1 clove garlic
•1tsp kosher salt
•1tsp black pepper
•1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat Grill
2. Drizzle skirt steak with extra virgin olive oil and generously sprinkle steak rub on both sides. Squeeze the juice from half a lime on each side of the steak.
3. Grill steak on each side for 4-5 min over a medium high flame. Remove from grill and let the meat relax for 5 minutes and slice.
4. Drizzle balsamic glaze all over the meat (as shown in the video), give the basil oil a stir and generously drizzle all over meat, lightly drizzle a little more balsamic glaze for finish.
I hope you try and enjoy this dish. Its a grilling variation that is different and a great addition to your bbq recipe box!
The presentation is fantastic and will leave your guests staring at your amazing and vibrant grilled creation.
As always… Thank you for joining me!
~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)
Don’t forget to subscribe for more GreatChowTV recipes!
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d
GreatChowTV on Social Media:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV is brand new and has massive potential!
Please show support by visiting, subscribing or becoming patron/donor today!
Donate and get rewards on Patreon and learn more about GreatChowTV: https://goo.gl/6mIHaR