Hello Everyone and Welcome Back to Great Chow.
I really wanted to spend the time and show you my favorite method for making super easy “fall off the bone” Baby Back Ribs. These Baby Back Ribs are braised in apple juice and apple cider vinegar and pressure cooked in the amazing Instant Pot 7-1 Pressure cooker. After being pressure cooked they are sauced and caramelized in the oven for 5-10 min at 400 degrees. When they come out they taste amazing and simply fall off the bone.
- Please note – Any pressure cooker can be used to follow this recipe.
- All images used in this blog are from my demonstration video below.
Full Video (cooking starts at 2:10):
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is a Best Seller on Amazon and can be found at the link below. It is my new favorite kitchen device:
- 3-4 Lbs. Rack Baby Back Ribs (2-3lbs time drops to 20-25min)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup apple cider vinegar
Note: If you do not like vinegar or unsure about vinegar taste; no problem! just use less or an extra cup of apple juice, apple cider is delicious too!
- BBQ Sauce – Your Favorite – Enough of your favorite to coat the ribs. (I love Sweet Baby Rays)
Total Prep and Cooking time 1 hr.
- In the pressure cooker make the braising liquid “The Bath” with 4 cups apple juice and 1 cup apple cider vinegar. Start to apply heat until the liquid is beginning to steam or boil. (Remember, you do not need to use 1 full cup of vinegar, just substitute with a little more apple juice, even apple cider is delicious!!!)
- While the braising liquid is heating up, pull the membrane off of the bottom of the ribs and cut the rack in half so it fits into the pressure cooker.
- Once the liquid is streaming/boiling; add the ribs (thickest side down) and set the Pressure cooker to High Pressure (meat/stew setting) for 32 minutes. Please Note: 2-3 lb rack drop the time to between 20-25 min)
- After 32 minutes are up; begin to preheat the oven at 400 degrees, leave the ribs in the cooker for an additional 5 minutes to allow for a little extra steaming and then use the release valve to release the steam.
(Remember to use an oven glove for hand safety when releasing hot steam)
- Carefully remove the ribs with tongs and a spatula to a roasting pan and then slather the ribs with BBQ sauce. Coat the bottom of the ribs first, flip them over and coat the top. Place them in the oven for 5-10 min to allow the BBQ sauce to properly caramelize (YUM). Please note: An alternate method for finishing can also be done on a hot grill or broiler, 5-10min.)
- Remove from oven and carefully plate as these ribs are fall off the bone.
My method for removing is to use Just the bottom of the tong to slightly raise the ribs in the air and slip a spatula under them, carefully lift them to the plate. Also shown in the video.
Serve with your favorite BBQ sides such as coleslaw, macaroni or potato salad, a fresh side salad, cornbread, collard greens, creamed spinach, corn on the cob.
Trust me; They are amazing
See you next time, and let me know what you think : ))
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GreatChowTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d
Here Are Some Other Amazing Great Chow TV Recipes!!!
Instant Pot Apple and Pear Sauce – Click HERE !!!
Click the Play Button to Watch the Video:
My Other Amazing Meals:
Cooking\Braising\BBQ Pork\Maui Wowie Pork in a Pineapple\Italian Vodka Sauce Pork Sandwich