Instant Pot Brown Rice, Quinoa and Roasted Pumpkin (or Butternut Squash)
Hello everyone and welcome back to Great Chow TV!
This time I wanted to show a delicious and super healthy dish for the fall time. Using a Butternut Squash this can be an all year round dish as well.
Instant Pot Rice – Pressure Cooked Brown Rice, Quinoa and Roasted Pumpkin (or Butternut Squash) is fantastic way to use your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (IP-DUO60). Delicious tender Brown Rice and Quinoa matched with Roasted Pumpkin is a terrific side dish paired with pork or chicken or as vegetarian dish. As an alternative to pumpkin in the off season, you can also use a butternut squash all year round! Pumpkin is part of the squash family, so it works perfectly. Quinoa is a super food; a whole complete protein which contains essential amino acids! Even if you do not use Pumpkin or Butternut squash, the mix of brown rice and quinoa is excellent and super healthy. I hope you give this recipe a try!
Here is the delicious gallery from this episode:
Recipe and Directions
- 1 Sugar/Pie Pumpkin (this is the smaller pumpkin) or a small to medium Butternut Squash
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 3 cups filtered water
- pinch of kosher salt
- Olive oil or canola oil for drizzling
- Sweet Dates (Can be found in your grocery store by dried fruits) (Alternative: dried cranberries work nice too!)
- fresh parsley
- The Pumpkin – Wash thoroughly. With a carving knife remove the stem, cut in half, remove seeds and debris until clean. Alternative: Butternut Squash – Pressure Cook for 8-10 min and bake for 20-25 until tender. Remove from oven, cut away skin, cut flesh up into slices or cubes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and dash of cinnamon (adding dried cranberries are nice too!).
- Fill Instant Pot Pressure Cooker with filtered water to the 2 cup mark on the inner pot and insert steam rack or trivet. Add the 2 pumpkin halves. Attach the Pressure Cooker lid, and move the pressure release valve into the seal position. Set the Pressure cooker to manual and set time to 3 minutes.
- On a baking sheet or oven pan lined with tin foil , lightly drizzle with olive oil. After the 3 minutes are up, quick release. When pressure is fully released; open the lid, with a spatula and tongs carefully remove the pumpkin halves (with the pumpkin skin too) to the baking sheet or pan.
- Lightly drizzle pumpkin with olive oil, the generously sprinkle brown sugar on the pumpkin. (This will make a crispy brown sugar coating during roasting)
- Place the pumpkin in a pre-heated @ 350 degrees oven for 20-25 minutes. remove when time is up.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, clean Instant Pot’s inner pot.
- Brown Rice and Quinoa – In the cleaned pot; add brown rice and quinoa along with water and pinch of salt.
- Make fine slices (Julienne slices) of the Dates (and /or dried Cranberries).
- Attach the lid, set the pressure release in the seal position, manually set the time for between 12-14 min. When time is up, Quick Release. Remove lid when pressure is fully released and give the Rice and Quinoa a big mix.
- Remove Pumpkin Skin and make slices of the roasted pumpkin.
- Plate the Brown Rice and Quinoa add Pumpkin slices, add Dates and pinch of fresh parsley for garnish.
Enjoy Everyone!!! Thank You !
~ Jason (GreatChowJay)
Other Amazing GreatChowTV Episodes. Click to Play any Video! – All recipes can be found on: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV WebSite Quick Links:
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d
GreatChowTV is brand new and has massive potential!
Please show support by visiting, subscribing or becoming patron/donor today! Donate and get rewards on Patreon and
learn more about GreatChowTV: https://goo.gl/6mIHaR
GreatChowTV on Social Media:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)