Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV.com !!!
This time around I wanted to do a delicious Corn on the Cob episode Pressure Cooked in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. After three minutes of pressure cooking we have delicious fresh corn on the cob that can be used any which way that you want.
In this video and this recipe I take you through a very basic traditional corn on the cob with unsalted butter little bit of kosher salt and some freshly cracked black pepper. Then we put the corn on the grill to get some grill marks just so we can see what grilling corn looks like. For the feature presentation, we explore a delicious and fun Mexican Street Corn Recipe.
Photo Gallery for Fresh Corn on the Cob Pressure Cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker:
Feature Presentation – Mexican Street Corn
The recipe below is a delicious and fun recipe for fresh corn on the cob that’s been pressure cooked inside of our Instant Pot; It is a recipe for Mexican Street Corn. If you’ve never had it, it’s a delicious must try. It is a fun way for eating fresh corn on the cob.
We make a fresh lime cilantro cream sauce, we sprinkle it with Queso Fresco (Mexican Cheese), dust it with a little cumin and chili powder and add fresh cilantro at the end. The chili powder which is very mild in flavor can be substituted with paprika or smoked paprika. It’s warm and savory and it has that Mexican flair to it. Even though it’s Mexican street corn you could eat it with any barbecue, fish, or a beef or chicken dish.
As you can see even though it’s a Mexican recipe, it is a very versatile corn that you could enjoy at any time. Traditionally when it’s eaten at Street fairs the corn vendor will put a bamboo skewer through the cob and then it served and eaten. You can use corn holders if you wish but I just use my hands because it’s finger licking yum.
Recipe and Directions
- 4-6 ears of Corn
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Open Pressure Cooker, Insert the trivet or steam rack. Add one and a half cups of water. Place the corn on top of the steam rack or trivet. Close the lid, set the pressure valve to the sealed position.
- Set the Pressure Cooker on High Pressure for 3 Minutes (Manual – subtract to 3 minutes, wait for the beeping to show that the time is set). After 3 minutes are up Quick Release pressure. Then remove corn to a side plate. Now the corn is ready to be dressed and eaten.
Traditional Pressure Cooked Corn on the Cob
- 4 table spoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
Melt the unsalted butter, then lightly brush onto the corn. Lightly dust with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Pressure cook corn for 3 minutes and remove (as stated above). Lightly drizzle with olive oil and put on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes a side and rotate until grill marks are achieved. Remember the corn is already perfectly cooked we are just getting grill marks and flavors. When grill marks and flavors are achieve, prepare the corn with your favorite finishing recipe.
Mexican Street Corn
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- Half a Lime
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Block of Queso Fresco (or Citija Cheese)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp freshly cracked Black Pepper
For the finish:
- Chili powder and Cumin for dusting.
- Extra 1/4 cup of Cilantro.
- Lime to make lime slices.
- You can substitute chili power (which is mild in flavor) with paprika or a smoked paprika.
- Queso Fresco can be substituted with Citija Cheese.
- The cream sauce can be prepared up to one day ahead so that all flavors incorporate.
- To make the Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce: In a large bowl, add sour cream, whisk in milk, mayo, and half a freshly squeezed lime. Add cilantro, cumin and freshly cracked black pepper and mix together.
- Grate or finely crumble Queso Freso cheese on a separate large plate or in bowl.
- Lightly brush the lime cilantro cream sauce onto the corn on the cob covering all corn kernels.
- Lightly sprinkle on the Queso Fresco cheese around the whole corn.
- To finish our Mexican street corn; Lightly dust with cumin, chili powder, and finish with some fresh chopped cilantro. And add lime slices to the plate, serve…and ~ ENJOY
Thank you so much for joining me for this awesome episode of freshly pressure cook corn on the cob in our instant pot pressure cooker. Pressure cooking corn is a super easy way to enjoy fresh corn on the cob.
I do hope you enjoy. I will see you next time keep the fresh & wonderful in your kitchen.
~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GreatChowTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GreatChowTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d