Hello Everyone!!! Welcome Back to GreatChowTV !!!
Hello everyone and welcome back to GreatChowTV.com. Here is a great video recipe for smashed red potatoes in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. They are finished with 3 different toppings! Instant Pot Pressure Cooked potatoes are amazing and all it takes is 10 min to have perfectly tender potatoes. I really like the pressure cooker for red potatoes because it shaves about 25 to 30 minutes off of the boiling cooking time on the stove top. This way we could reclaim that time and make them crispy in the oven. Then finish them off with your desire toppings.
I have three recipe ideas in this episode for you. The recipes are for Crispy Parmesan; Bacon, Cheddar and Chive, and lastly Sour Cream and Chive. This smashed potato recipe with the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is great as a side dish, appetizer, party food, hit at a sporting events, and also on the holidays. The smashed potatoes are an easy recipe to follow and they are so good! Hope You Enjoy! Please don’t forget to let me know what you think!!!
Here is the photo gallery for smashed red potatoes. Enjoy!!!
Recipes and Directions:
- 12 to 16 small-medium red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cup water
- Nonstick spray (I use canola oil)
- Add steam rack to the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Add the rinsed and scrubbed red potatoes to the steam rack. Pour 1-2 cups of water into the pot and seal the lid.
- Set the time on Instant Pot by pressing Manual and then subtract the time to 10 minutes. Ensure the pressure valve is set to the SEALING position. After time is up, Quick Release the pressure by setting the pressure valve to Venting.
- On a baking sheet, apply thin layer of nonstick spray. Remove the potatoes to the baking sheet.
- With a mallet or bottom of a spatula lightly SMASH (Press) gently, until the potato is half-way flattened (1/4- 1/2 inch thick) yet still in one piece.
- Drizzle olive oil Over the flatten potatoes and season with pinches of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 12 to 15 minutes. (Optional step, but recommended to make potatoes crispy!)
- Finish with your desire toppings below.
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- 3/4 of a cup of finally shredded Parmesan cheese or Jarred Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped or dry parsley
- Combine Parmesan and dried parsley in a bowl. Sprinkled Parmesan mixture onto each potato. Also feel free to add a light drizzle of olive oil on top of Parmesan. Bake in the oven 5 minutes on 400°. Remove from oven, and enjoy crispy parmesan potatoes! A creamy Parmesan dressing makes a nice dip.
Bacon Cheddar Chive Potatoes
- 3/4 of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 of a cup of bacon Or bacon bits
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- On each potato, apply a generous pinch of shredded cheddar, Add Bacon bits. Bake in the oven 5 minutes at 400° Remove and place a generous pinch of chives on top… perfect … Enjoy! Serve with sour cream and chive dip.
Sour Cream and Chive Potatoes
- One cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- Place a spoonful or dollop of sour cream on top of each smashed potato. Apply a generous pinch of chives on top. Enjoy!
Thanks again everyone! Let me know how you made out with your Smashed Potatoes!!!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
GreatChowTV On Social Media (Follow and Subscribe for more Pressure Cooking Recipes & Videos!):
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
SHOP 24/7 on GreatChowTV for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d