Fresh Cranberry Sauce for the Holidays Pressure Cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
It’s tart, it’s citrusy, it’s sweet and delicious; it’s fresh Cranberry Sauce pressure cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Did you know that an amazing cranberry sauce can be achieved in the Instant Pot in only 6 minutes? Well … Its true; take a look below!
This Cranberry Sauce recipe is a combination of fresh or frozen cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest and lemon zest the little touch of ginger. This is a perfect complement to any holiday meal such as; Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah or Easter. This Cranberry Sauce is also a fantastic compliment to roasted or grilled chicken or pork (“the other white meat” lol). Serve a warm or serve a chilled; either way it’s a delicious hit. This Cranberry Sauce is super easy to make and tastes so fresh, you may never buy canned Cranberry sauce again!
Recipe and Directions:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice or 1 freshly squeezed Navel Orange
- 1 Tsp fresh Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice or 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 Tsp fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup of Water
- Add the cranberries, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, lemon zest, water to the pressure cooker.
- Lock lead into place, create pressure seal by turning the pressure valve to the sealing position.
- Set the time: Manual – Set at 6 min
- When the time is up, release the pressure set pressure valve to venting position and open lid.
- Give a big stir to break down the cranberries so it forms a cranberry sauce consistency (chunky or smooth) to your liking.
- Since this is a fresh cranberry recipe, expect the skin from the cranberries to be present in the chunky or smooth sauce.
- To thicken the cranberry sauce up a little bit, keep the pressure cooker on the warm cycle for 10 to 15 minutes and stir until the consistency has thickened up and some of the water moisture has evaporated.
Thank you so much for visiting hope you try out this recipe. And don’t forget to let me know how you made out!
Thank you, See you next time!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products 24/7: https://goo.gl/s9y34d