Hello Everyone and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV!
Today we are making a delicious Chicken and Rice in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice is the ultimate comfort food. Pressure cooking chicken and rice in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is a terrific recipe for one pot cooking. Soft and delicious chicken along with flaky rice. Sweet taste of carrots and mushrooms and onions. It is fantastic! There are so many variations of chicken and rice but this recipe is a quick and easy recipe. Serves about 4 to 5 people.
Here are some pics from the Chicken and Rice Episode:
Recipe and Directions
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (add 10oz of Cream of Chicken for creamy chicken and rice; OMG!)
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced Carrots (2 medium carrots)
- 3/4 Cup Diced Yellow Onion (1 small yellow onion)
- 1 Cup fresh sliced baby bella or white mushrooms
- 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic (2 cloves of fresh)
- 2 tsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice Carrots, Onion and slice Mushrooms.
- IMPORTANT: Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Rinsing rice removes access sticky starches and will ensure flakey rice.
- Rinse, clean and dry chicken thighs
- Turn on Instant Pot – Press Saute. When the read out display ” Hot” Drizzle Olive oil in the pot.
- Add chicken thighs, Brown 3-4 min on each side and remove to a side plate.
- Deglaze the pot by pouring in 1/2 cup of chicken broth and scrape the delicious bits of with a wooden spoon.
- Add carrots, onion, mushrooms, garlic and sauté for three minutes.
- After the three minutes add 2 cups of chicken broth. Add the rice as a layer on top of the sauté. Then add The browned chicken thighs.
- Turn the sauté function off. Press manual and set the pressure cooker for high pressure 10 minutes. Lock the lid into place and create the pressure seal.
- After 10 minutes allow the pressure cooker to stay under pressure on the low setting for 5 to 7 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Remove the delicious chicken and rice to a serving platter and enjoy!
An essential utensil that I have is this handheld colander that you will see me remove the chicken rice from the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker with. It is on Amazon and one of my favorite utensils in the kitchen.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make Chicken and Rice even more savory, please feel free to add 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter to the sauté.
- To make creamy chicken and rice and a 10 ounce can of cream of chicken soup When adding the chicken broth during the sauté phase.
- If using bone in chicken thighs add an additional 4 to 5 minutes of pressure cooking.
- Chicken Breast can always be used as well. Same cooking time, please note that if the breasts are very thick, please add an extra 2-3 min of natural release time to ensure doneness.
Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you enjoy this delicious comfort food and Let me know what you think !
See you next time!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products 24/7: https://goo.gl/s9y34d