Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV.com
Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake made in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is one of the easiest and simplest ways to make this sinfully delicious cheesecake treat. This is a new cheesecake recipe in the Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes lineup on YouTube. The cookie dough recipe is so delicious, silky smooth and so easy to make. The Instant Pot Cheesecake filling is New York style and will sit on top of the cookie dough crust that will be laid down in the six-inch Fat Daddio’s removable bottom Cheesecake pan (You can also do it in the springform pan as well). Then it is garnished with Chocolate chip cookie crumbles, fresh whipped cream and topped with chocolate cookies. This Instant Pot Cheesecake Pressure Cooker Recipe is a must try. I guarantee you will love it. Let me know what you think!
A Little Background on Great Chow and Cheesecake:
I used to run an underground cheesecake business local deli shops in the area. They would pay top dollar for my cheesecakes. The word of mouth spread so fast and demand was so great depending on the season. I just could not run it out of my home kitchen. For a while, I would take special orders and my customers really loved and appreciated my cheesecakes. I am still known as the “Cheesecake Guy” in these deli’s; it is hilarious! I also live close to New York City and I have searched and sought out and studied the best cheesecakes available such as Brooklyn’s Juniors and World Famous Carnegie Deli so that I can experience “Real Deal Cheesecake.” Cheesecake is definitely hands down my favorite dessert and type of cake so I wanted to bring something special to you in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!
Recipes and Instructions
Below are the mini recipes to follow as you read the HOW TO MAKE Cookie Dough Cheesecake.
This recipe is silky smooth and delicious. It will be used as the bottom crust as well as inside of the cheesecake.
Tip: Soften butter by allowing it to stay room temp for 30-45 min before working with it or 20 seconds on defrost in the microwave.
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients slowly to form cookie dough.
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt and whisk (dry mixture). Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, with a hand or standing mixer on slow; whip the softened butter, vanilla, sugars, whipping cream until creamy.
3. Slowly add the dry mixture while continuing to mix on slow until silky smooth cookie dough is formed.
4. Gently mix and fold in chocolate morsels.
5. Make 1 1/2 cups of small cookie doughs balls to drop into the cheesecake filling.
Tip: In a medium bowl, lay down a piece of wax paper and put the cookie dough on it. Return cookie dough to the refrigerator to form and develop while Cheesecake filling is being made.
It is NY Cheesecake Style
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate morsels
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine and slowly cream with a mixer the Cream Cheese, sour cream, sugar, whipping cream. until smooth.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time and slowly mix, then add vanilla.
3. Increase the speed to medium and continue to blend for 2 min until silky smooth. Add chocolate morsels and give a quick mix.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble and Cookie Garnish
The cookie crumble will be applied all around the sides of the cheesecake, leftover crumbles can be served with cheesecake. The cookie halves will be used for garnish on top of the cheesecake.
- 8-10 Chocolate chip cookies (store-bought or homemade; I used store-bought in the video)
- 4 Additional Cookies
1. Add 8-10 chocolate chip cookies to a ziplock bag and gently smash cookies until a fine to medium cookie crumble is achieved. Making 1-2 cups of cookie crumble.
2. Snap 4 chocolate chip cookies in half so that you have 8 chocolate chip cookie halves.
Fresh Whip Cream
- 1 cup cold Whipping Cream
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place a metal bowl in the freezer for 2 min so it gets really cold.
2. Pour the cold whipping cream into the bowl and whip with mixer on medium speed for 3-4 min (until the cream becomes whipped cream). Just keep whipping, it will turn to whipped cream, I promise!
3. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend with a mixer for 30 seconds more.
Tip: Give a taste, If you want sweeter whipped cream and a little more powdered sugar.
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH CHEESECAKE:
1. Make cookie dough and set aside in a bowl with wax paper.
2. Make the Cheesecake filling.
3. In the 6′ Cheesecake pan;
a. Grease the insides of the pan with butter.
b. Lay down a circular sheet of wax paper and grease with butter.
4. Lay down cookie dough all around the bottom of the pan to form the cookie dough bottom crust (1/4 inch up the sides of the pan).
5. Pour Cheesecake filling on top of the cookie dough crust until it comes up to 25% of the pan. Randomly drop the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake filling. Pour more cheesecake filling until it comes up to 80% of the pan. Randomly drop the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake filling.
Tip: if the cookie dough “floats” push some of cookie dough balls down into the filling with a spoon : )
6. Lay a sheet of paper towel OVER the cheesecake pan. Cover the paper towel and cheesecake with a piece of tin foil.
Note: The paper towel will absorb the moisture during the cooking process, it is ok if it touches the cheesecake filling during the cooking process.
7. Create a tin foil sling. Tear a long piece of tin foil, fold it 3-5 times to create an even long reinforced stable sling.
8. In the Instant Pot, Place trivet in the Pot, fill with 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
9. Place the covered cheesecake in the middle of the sling and place the cheesecake on the trivet, gently tuck the handles of the sling over the cheesecake.
10. lock lid in place, place pressure release in the “Seal” position
11. Press manual, Set time for 50 min.
12. When time is up; allow Natural Release until the float valve drops (15 min extra min under pressure and remove)
13. Remove lid, with hand protection remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack with the handles of the sling.
14. Remove tinfoil and the paper towel. Allow the cheesecake too cool on the cooling rack for 1 hour, and then refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours until fully chilled and formed.
Finish and Garnish
15. Remove the cheesecake from the pan by laying out a sheet of wax paper, flip the pan upside down and slowly push the bottom down until the cheesecake pops out “top-down” onto the wax paper. Then transfer and turn cheesecake “up-right” onto a serving plate.
Tip: If the cheesecake is stuck in the pan, run a dull knife around the inside of the pan, loosing up the edges, then attempt to remove the cake.
16. Make the whipped cream in a cold metal bowl (recipe above). Using a Wilton 2-D flower tip and pastry bag, fill the pastry bag with the whipped cream and pipe whipped cream on top of the cheesecake making 6 little whip cream flowers all the way around and one in the middle.
17. Place half a chocolate chip cookie in the middle of the whipped cream flower and 2 halves in the center flower.
There you have it, your very own Instant Pot Pressure Cooked Cookie Dough Cheesecake !!! Congratulations!!! It is going to be super delicious !!!
Tips and Tricks:
- If you want to save time and skip making cookie dough, you can use packaged cookie dough from the store.
- After the cheesecake is cooked and chilled you can simply serve the cake with a bottled chocolate drizzle and canned whip cream such as Redi-Whip (My Favorite!) if you wish. Always delicious!!!
- Fresh fruit such as raspberries and strawberries are an excellent accompaniment to cookie dough cheesecake.
Thank you very much for joining me once again! Send me pics on Facebook!!! FB Page: GreatChowTV
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
Other Delicious GreatChowTV Video Recipes:
Very popular now on YouTube. Instant pot chicken and rice. The recipe can be found here on GreatChowTV.
Instant Pot Smashed Red Potatoes – Finish three different ways, featuring Parmesan, bacon cheddar chive, sour cream and chive. Super delicious you will love these babies!!! Recipe can be found here on GreatChowTV.com
Beef Wellington featuring the instant pot pressure cooker. I love this video! LOL – Recipe can be found right here on GreatChowTV.com