Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV
Today we are making one of my favorite dish which is a delicious Chicken Marsala! This is a fantastic recipe that I have worked on, and it is a must try. If you love Chicken Marsala then you will love this Chicken Marsala dish!
I have searched and studied many different chicken marsala recipes and ingredient combinations. The savory marsala flavor is more prevalent as we are using sweet marsala wine instead of dry. In this chicken marsala recipe, we gently sauté chicken breast dredged and seasoned flour. Sauté Prosciutto di Parma, onion, and garlic. Add Baby Bella (or Cremini) mushrooms until they become tender. Pour in and reduce sweet Marsala wine, chicken stock, and butter until the marsala sauce is thickened and rich and marsala flavor. Slip the chicken breast back to the sauce while it reduces so it soaks up all of the delicious Marsala, mushroom and prosciutto flavors.
Chicken Marsala Is one of my favorite dishes and one that I have loved since childhood and it’s right up there with classic Chicken Franchise. Chicken Marsala is a recipe that I’ve always wanted to master and find the best possible combination to where the marsala flavors are really prevalent in the dish. I’ve had many chicken marsala dishes in my travels. I have also have had it in restaurants where my expectations were high yet disappointing as the flavors fall flat and bland. It tasted like a dish that resembles chicken marsala, but it just left me scratching my head.
I wanted to uncover a consistently delicious marsala recipe combination and here’s what I came up with:
- 3-4 chicken breasts halved and pounded thin.
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour seasoned with 1tsp kosher salt and 1tsp of fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup sliced and ribboned Prosciutto di Parma
- 8oz sliced Baby Bella (or Cremini) Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp dry parsley
- 1 cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs heavy cream (optional)
- Cut thick chicken breasts in half and pound until 1/4” inch thick. This will make 6-8 thin chicken cutlets. Or depending on how many you are feeding, simply pound 3-4 chicken breast until desire thickness for 4 servings.
- In flour, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a skillet or cast iron skillet that is hot over a medium flame; add a splash of olive oil and tablespoon of butter.
- Add chicken to the pan and brown each side 4-5 min each side (turning once) and set aside on side plate, cover with foil.
- In the same pan add prosciutto, onions, garlic, Saute for 2-3 min.
- Add mushrooms season with a pinch of salt and pepper add another splash of olive oil and tablespoon of butter. Saute for 4-5 min.
- Add sweet Marsala wine slowly and allow the alcohol to burn off and reduce (1-2 min)
- Add 1tbsp of cornstarch to chicken stock and stir together. Add chicken stock to the pan and stir add 1tbsp parsley. Stir and simmer (2 min).
- Add the chicken breast back to the skillet or pan and continue to simmer until sauce thickens up and chicken is cooked through (approx 3-4 min). Sprinkle with parsley. Spoon pan marsala sauce all over the chicken while simmering.
- Remove Chicken Breast to a serving plate. Add 1 tbsp of heavy cream (optional) to the pan, stir well and spoon the remainder of sauce onto the chicken breast for the best Chicken Marsala ever! Finish with a little parsley and a little-grated parmesan.
Chicken Marsala Sauce Reducing and Heating up the Chicken
Tips and Tricks
- I have seen many recipes on the Internet calling for dry marsala wine but I use a sweet marsala wine. I believe it gives a delicious and distinct flavor profile to our Marsala dish. I personally use either Lombardo Sweet Marsala wine or Florio Sweet Marsala wine. They can be found at your local liquor store.
- Please use chicken stock instead of chicken broth. Chicken stock is perfect for establishing this thick and delicious marsala sauce. A stock is readily available in the soup aisle in your supermarket.
- If you have a cast iron skillet this recipe is perfect for cast-iron. One reason why is because I love the way the butter browns in cast-iron; it adds tremendous flavor to the dish as well. You could also brown the butter in a regular pan as well.
There you have a ladies and gentlemen, one of the best chicken marsala recipe and ingredient combinations. I really hope you try this recipe if you are a chicken marsala lover as I am. I frequently order chicken marsala in many restaurants in New York City Including Little Italy as well as very fine Italian restaurants along my travels. I could tell you this simple recipe combination is up there with the best! I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
Thank you so much for joining me,
Other Amazing Great Chow Recipes:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products 24/7: https://goo.gl/s9y34d