Instant Pot Pork Marsala
Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV
Today we are going to make a delicious Pork Marsala in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Pork Marsala pressure cooked is an excellent alternative to Chicken Marsala. Instant Pot Chicken Marsala can also be made in the Instant Pot using this recipe too! This is a very delicious way to enjoy a very flavorful marsala sauce made from scratch. As the deep and rich flavors are apparent, you will think that you just ate in a very fine restaurant yet it is homemade! I have eaten in some of the finest Italian eateries and Italian grills as well as spent many summer evenings in NYC little Italy, and I would put this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Marsala recipe up there with the best.
Recipe Walk Through
The main ingredient will be a pork tenderloin which will be cut up into 2″ thick medallions. Our pork will be pressure cooked for 8 minutes in our marsala sauce until it is super tender. We create our sauce using a sweet Marsala wine along with chicken stock which will be added to our sauté of garlic, onions, Prosciutto the Parma, and mushrooms. When making this recipe please use sweet marsala wine instead of dry because I find the marsala flavors are more prevalent. I personally love the flavors of this dish and I am sure you will as well.
- 1 1-1.5lb Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup flour seasoned with 1tsp kosher salt and 1tsp of fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup sliced and ribboned prosciutto di Parma
- 8oz sliced Baby Bella or Cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp dry parsley
- 1 cup Sweet Marsala Wine; Such as Lombardo or Florio
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs heavy cream (optional)
- Slice Pork Tenderloin into 2” inch thick medallions. This will make 6-8 medallions.
- In flour, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Dredge pork in the flour mixture and set aside on a plate.
- Set Instant Pot on Sauté, when HOT; add a splash of olive oil and tablespoon of butter.
- Place the Pork Medallions in the pot and brown each side 3-4 min each side (turning once) and set aside on side plate, cover with foil.
- In the same pot add prosciutto, onions, garlic, Saute for 2-3 min.
- Add mushrooms season with a pinch of salt and pepper add another splash of olive oil and tablespoon of butter. Sauté for 4-5 min.
- Pour in sweet Marsala wine allow the alcohol to burn off and reduce (1 min)
- Add 1tbsp of cornstarch to chicken stock and stir together until cornstarch is dissolved. Add chicken stock to the pot, add 1tbsp parsley and stir.
- Turn Sauté off. Lock the lid in place. Set the pressure cooker to Manual, High Pressure, 8 min.
- After the time is up Quick Release the pressure and open the lid.
- Remove the pork to serving plate on top of spaghetti or rice. Cover with foil.
- Thicken the Sauce by turning the Pot back onto Saute and let the sauce come to a steady boil, continuously stir (5-8 Min just until thickened). IMPORTANT FLAVOR ALERT: with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot to incorporate all of the flavors on the bottom of the pot back into the sauce. I can not stress this enough! This will separate good cooking from excellent cooking.
- When Sauce is thickened, Turn the pressure cooker off. Add 1 tbsp of heavy cream (optional) to the sauce, stir well. Spoon the sauce onto the pork and spaghetti or rice for the best Pork Marsala ever!
- Finish with a little parsley and a little-grated parmesan…and ENJOY!
Tips and Tricks:
- Huge Tip, Once Again: IMPORTANT FLAVOR ALERT: with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot to incorporate all of the flavors on the bottom of the pot back into the sauce during the thickening stage. I can not stress this enough! This will separate good cooking from excellent cooking.
- Usually, a package of Pork Tenderloin contains 2 tenderloins. You can add a few more Pork medallions to your dish if you like. Same recipe. You can incrementally increase the ingredient amounts if you feel you need to.
- This recipe can be used for Instant Pot Chicken Marsala too. It is delicious. Just pay attention to how thick your chicken is and adjust the pressure cooking time; maybe 7-8 min. Check for doneness.
There you have it! Instant Pot Pork Marsala in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. It is super delicious and I hope it will be one of your “go to” Instant Pot Italian Specialties.
Thank you for joining me and let me know what you think! Post pics on FaceBook on the GreatChowTV page!
~ Jason (Great Chow Jay)
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products 24/7: https://goo.gl/s9y34d
HERE are some other Amazing GreatChowTV Instant Pot Recipes