Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup is Today’s Delicious Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipe.
We have all had the classic can of tomato soup served along with a delicious, crispy, buttery, grilled cheese. It’s classic, nostalgic and gives an all-around comfort to the mind, body, and belly. But, with a little time and effort, making tomato basil soup from scratch in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is a total game changer; It takes your tomato soup game to a whole new level of deliciousness. Yes, It’s really that amazing!
This recipe uses fresh vegetables; Its wholesome, nourishing, vibrant, smooth and delicious as well as very well-balanced in flavor. And later on, We will talk grilled cheese and my cheese slice selection suggestion that will bring this instant pot tomato basil soup together to achieve maximized deliciousness.
FULL VIDEO RECIPE ON YOUTUBE! CLICK PLAY BUTTON (SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE FOR MORE!)
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS:
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Chopped Large Carrot (1 cup)
- 1 Celery Stalk (1 cup)
- 1 Small to Medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic Clove or smashed and minced or 2 tsp jarred chopped garlic
- 1 tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 tbs of Paprika
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 (28oz) Canned Tomatoes in Basil.
- 1/3 Cup Basil or 2 tbs dry basil
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Press the sauté button and wait until the read-out says hot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, and a generous splash of extra-virgin olive oil to the pot. When the olive oil and butter get hot and begin to bubble. Add the carrot, celery, onion. Let that sauté for 5 minutes until our vegetables soften up.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, paprika. Sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot by slowly adding 2 cups of chicken stock, and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. Stir well so all flavors mix in with our chicken stock. Add (2) 28 ounces cans of crushed tomatoes in basil.
- Season with sugar, salt, freshly cracked pepper, and basil and stir.
- Press the cancel button to shut off the Saute function. Lock the lid into place, move the pressure seal to the “Seal” position and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Press manual and set for 5 min. After the 5 minutes, allow a long natural release for 20 min. Release excess stem and carefully open the lid.
- Submerge immersion blender into the pot, turn it on low. Blend until mixture begins to smooth. Turn the speed to high and continue to blend until the desired soup consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, allow the mixture to cool a little and transfer to a standing blender and puree until smooth. You may need to work in batches.
If you need a hand-held immersion blender here is a nice simple one. If you love Instant Pot Soups and follow GreatChowTV an immersion blender will be useful.
Serve it up and Garnish It !!!
Ladle into a bowl, add a generous dusting of grated Parmesan Cheese, Tri-Colored grape tomatoes that have been quartered, fresh ribboned basil strips and 1-2 turns of fresh cracked pepper.
I found this really nice variety pack of grape tomatoes. There are red, orange and yellow grape tomatoes. Then I like to add a little fresh basil. There you have it, a beautiful bowl of Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup.
The Greatest Grilled Cheese That Is Perfect for Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup
This is very simple yet perfect, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of Muenster Cheese.
In a hot pan add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, let the butter melt and get bubbly, add two slices of bread and one slice of Munster cheese on each side. After a minute and a half, take 1/2 of the sandwich and close up the sandwich keep grilling for 30 seconds on each side. Remove to a plate, and there you have a very delicious complimentary buttery grilled cheese to our Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup. I promise you will love this cheese selection suggestion, I know it’s very basic but it’s the best. It is just like deep fried mozzarella sandwiches with rich marinara sauce (Mozzarella in Corozza), except this is Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.
Tips and Tricks
Here’s a little tip for the trick, if you do like your soup thin you can always take spoonfuls of this soup and Ladle it in a fine mesh strainer or food mill to get the soup liquid thin.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING HOPE YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE. AND DON’T FORGET TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT!
Thank you, See you next time!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
Here are More Delicious GreatChowTV Instant Pot Recipies
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – Click HERE !!! (Very Popular)