Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Brown Butter Apple and Pear Sauce is a fantastic recipe to add to your Instant Pot recipe box. Thanks to the Instant Pot, it’s now possible to have this delicious apple and pear sauce in under 15-20 minutes. The pressure of the Instant Pot breaks down the apple and pear slices so perfectly that all you need is a hand held masher to turn tender fruit slices into a sauce. It is flavored with silky and nutty brown butter and hints of warm cinnamon and brown sugar. This recipe is the perfect way to utilize the abundance of fall apples as well. Using an array of red, and green apples and Bartlette pears it creates a perfect balance of sweet and tart; its perfect. If you want only Apple Sauce, leave out the pears and just add more apples to substitute and you will have a delicious batch of Instant Pot Browned Butter Apple Sauce.
Instant Pot Apple and Pear Sauce can be served as:
- A standalone delicious snack. Add granola, energy mix or trail mix.
- As a Pie Filling !!!
- Condiment served with Pork Chops, Roasted Herbed Pork Loin or Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
- Served along with Jewish Potato Latkes. Latkes are delicious and amazing fried potato and onion pancakes. They are life changing and best with this recipe for fresh browned butter apple and pear sauce.
Gallery from Todays Recipe
Full Video: Click The Play Button
Recipe and Directions
- 2 Red Apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Green Apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Green Pears (Bartlett Pears), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 Tbls Unsalted Butter (Half Stick)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice (enough from 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
Turn the Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add and melt butter on sauté. Stir often, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 min. Stir apples and pears, sauté for 1 min, add brown sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, lemon juice, and apple juice into the Instant Pot.
Close and lock lid of cooker; turn pressure release valve to sealing position. Program cooker to cook on Manual on High Pressure for 3 minutes. After the time is up, turn the pressure valve to the venting position to quickly release pressure (steam) from cooker until float valve drops. Carefully remove lid; allow a 1-2 minutes for steam to escape mixture.
Mash the apples and pears with either; a potato masher, immersion blender on low, or with a back of a spoon until desired consistency is achieved. Serve Alone or along with energy granola mix, Pork Chops, herb crusted pork loin or potato latkes.
Serve warm or chill in the fridge and serve cold. ~ Enjoy Everyone
Thank You for Joining me for Instant Pot Apple and Pear Sauce. It Rocks and I think you will love it!
See you next time,
Follow GreatChowTV on Social Media
- Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
- Website: https://goo.gl/frS3mr
- YouTube: https://goo.gl/9WhRHS
- Facebook: https://goo.gl/DuJL1d
- Pinterest: https://goo.gl/PtoLao
- Instagram: https://goo.gl/EPRswi
- Twitter: https://goo.gl/IGlRLz
- All Of the Links in The Bio: https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv