Instant Pot Lamb Shanks – The Italian-Style – Pressure Cooked in a rich Cabernet Red Wine and Tomato Basil sauce.
Hello Everyone and welcome back to GreatChowTV! Today we are making delicious Instant Pot Lamb Shanks in a rich Cabernet Red Wine and Tomato Basil sauce. The Lamb Shanks are pressure cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure cooker to perfection and fork tender. They achieve their maximized deliciousness, tenderness and deep rich flavors pressure cooked for 50 minutes total in a rich Italian-Style tomato sauce which consists of crushed tomatoes and basil, fresh rosemary, garlic, and Cabernet Savion which will add an underlying fruity note to our Instant Pot Lamb Shanks. Cabernet Savion is a red wine that is a true pair with deep and rich meats such as a lamb shanks.
Here is the Gallery from today’s Instant Pot Lamb Shanks Recipe:
Instant Pot Lamb Shanks are amazing served with a traditional polenta, pasta, roasted garlic mashed potatoes or even your everyday plain mashed potatoes. These serving suggestions are a delicious compliment as you need to soak up the fantastic sauce while you enjoy this dish. It’s really a delicious dish for the holidays, entertaining company, and if you have a little extra time; Instant Pot Lamb Shanks are so easy you can just make them as a weeknight dinner as well.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS:
- 4-6 lamb shanks (depends on size)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced or 2 tsp jarred chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 (28 ounces) can Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil or 2 Tbs dry basil
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
1. Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper. Press Saute, when the readout displays “HOT” add Olive Oil and Butter to the inner pot and allow butter to melt and the oil shimmers hot.
2. Work in batches to brown the shanks; Add 2-3 shanks to the pot, turning every 2 minutes cook shanks until brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer shanks to plate.
3. Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pot and saute for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir in Tomato Paste and Paprika Saute for additional 2 min.
4. Deglaze by adding cabernet and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot to get all of the flavorful browned bits mixed up. Allow the alcohol to burn off for 2 min.
6. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, chicken broth, and beef broth. Season with rosemary and thyme. Return shanks to pot, pressing down to submerge.
7. Turn Off the Saute function by pressing the Off button. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 30 min. After the time is up, allow a Natural release by keeping the shanks under pressure for another 18-20 min, Release remainder of pressure.
8. Remove the shanks to a side plate and cover with foil. Using the Saute function, bring the sauce to a rolling boil, to reduce the sauce for 8-10 min.
9. Serve the shanks over your choice of pasta, mashed potatoes or polenta and spoon the deep rich tomato ragu over the Instant Pot Lamb Shanks and Enjoy.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING HOPE YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE. AND DON’T FORGET TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT!
Thank you, See you next time!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
- Website: https://goo.gl/frS3mr
- YouTube: https://goo.gl/9WhRHS
- Facebook: https://goo.gl/DuJL1d
- Pinterest: https://goo.gl/PtoLao
- Instagram: https://goo.gl/EPRswi
- Twitter: https://goo.gl/IGlRLz
- GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
- All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
- Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products 24/7: https://goo.gl/s9y34d