Hello Everybody and Welcome back to GreatChowTV.com
Today we will be making delicious Instant Pot mashed potatoes; another very quick and easy Instant Pot Recipe. This recipe uses a delicious and sweet Yukon gold potato. Yukon Gold potatoes have a deliciously sweet and homestyle texture and taste to our creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. The Yukon Gold Potatoes become very tender and hold their texture and density and moisture when pressure cooked. When adding butter and cream they become silky, sweet and creamy. When we finish them off simply use freshly cracked black pepper, butter, and finely sliced scallions. Serve as a side dish or serve food layered on-top-of the Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. If you need to substitute; please feel free to use Russet potatoes if they are handy in your pantry.
Gallery From Todays Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe and Video
Full Video for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes on YouTube (Click the Play Button):
Recipes and Directions
- 4-5 (3-4lbs) medium to large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 Tbls softened unsalted butter (1 Stick)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Heaping Tbls Sour Cream
- 1tsp Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Clean and peel Potatoes. Perform a rough peel if you enjoy the potato skin. Feel free to cut Potatoes in half for easier mashing.
- Add 2 cups water to the Instant Pot, add a steam rack or trivet, add potatoes. Close the lid, create the pressure seal by moving the pressure release to the “seal” position. Press Manual and set the Pressure Cooker for 12 min. After the 12 Minutes, Keep under pressure for an additional 10 min and manual release the steam. Remove Potatoes to a side plate. Clean the Pot.
- With a clean pot, Set the Instant Pot to the Low/Warming Setting. Drizzle olive oil in the pot, add potatoes back to the pot. With a Potato Masher begin the mash the potatoes. Add softened Butter, Cream, Sour Cream, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to mash potatoes to desired texture and smoothness. Taste and season to your liking.
- To Plate; add butter, cracked pepper, and finely sliced scallions and Serve and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy mashed potato recipe for your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Please let me know what you think, and I will see you next time thank you so much.
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
GreatChowTV on Social Media:
Shop 24/7 for the Best Kitchen Products in the GreatChowTV Amazon Store
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com