Instant Pot Water Test and Instant Pot Ginger Tea
Hello Everyone and Welcome back to GreatChowTV !!! Today we explore at the Instant Pot Water Test which is the first thing that you should do with your brand new Instant Pot Pressure Cooker as per the Instant Pot manual. Also, as a Bonus I give you a very simple 3 ingredient, warming calming and healing Instant Pot Ginger Tea.
Here is the Gallery from Todays Episode
Check Out this Awesome Video that will take you through the whole process and as a Bonus, we make a quick and simple Calming, Healing and Warming Ginger Tea with our Test Water!
Congratulation on your new Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. You are absolutely going to love it. My Instant Pot has revolutionized my kitchen since 2014 and years later I still use it almost everyday. The Instant Pot has helped me cook full one pot meals and also has assisted me in the acceleration of cooking up the main ingredient for meals that would take hours cooked in a traditional method, such a pulled pork, short ribs, chilis and stews, and lets not forget soups. I can go on and on… Just know that you are in for a real treat but first things first.
About The Instant Pot Water Test
Before you get cooking, the Instant Pot Manual would like you to do the Instant Pot water test as the very first initial test run for your Instant Pot. We use water for the test since water is what creates steam pressure. Instead of attempting adding ingredients to cook a meal, its the initial run so you become familiar, have the reference experience and become comfortable with using your new Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Water Test Process
Plug the Instant Pot in to an electrical source; ensure one end is plugged into the the back of the Instant Pot and the other into a wall outlet. Add three cups of filtered water to the inner pot. Close and Lock the Lid into place. Next, create the pressure seal by moving the Pressure Release Valve into the Sealing Position. Set the time by Pressing the Manual Button, use the + or – buttons to set the time for 3 min. Instant Pot will go through the Cooking Cycle (3 min) until the time is up, and then Instant Pot automatically goes into the Lo/Warming cycle. In the Lo/Warming Cycle, this is when you Release the Pressure with either a Natural Release or a Manual Release. For our test run we Manually Release the pressure by moving the Pressure Release valve on to op of the lid to the Venting position. We move the valve with either the back of a slotted spoon or an oven mit (something the promotes hand safety). The steam releases, and the Float Valve drops (the little steel pin right next to the Pressure Release Valve) and that will signal to you that it is time to open the lid. And that concludes the Instant Pot Water Test…Done!
Instant Pot Ginger Tea
Ginger Tea Recipe and Directions:
- 8 cups of filtered water (3 from the water test and add 5 after the test)
- 4-5 Slices of Fresh Ginger Root
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Tbls Honey
- Add water to the Inner pot so you have 8 cups total.
- Peel fresh ginger root and make 4-5 slices by the thickest juiciest part of the root and add it to the water. Add Brown Sugar and Honey.
- Close and lock the lid in place, Set the Pressure Valve to Sealing Position, click Manual (to set the time), Use the + or – Buttons to Set Time to 5 min. After the Cooking Cycle is Over, allow the Pressure Cooker to stay on the Lo/Warming Cycle for 5 Min. Manually Release the Pressure. After the Float Valve Drops, Open the Lid.
- Allow 5 more minutes for the Ginger Tea to steep, remove ginger slices, Give a big Stir, Ladle/Spoon Ginger Tea into cups to be served. Add additional Brown Sugar and Honey as desired. And … Enjoy!!!
- The warming sensations in your mouth are from the ginger root juice. Ginger juice has a warming feeling to it so I used a moderate amount for todays Ginger Tea.
- You can add 2- 3 green tea bags into the mix.
- After its done, take a taste, you can add more brown sugar and honey to the batch mix or to individual cups to taste.
Thank you so much for visiting hope you try out this recipe. And don’t forget to let me know how you made out!
Thank you, See you next time!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES! Please Like and Subscribe on YouTube so You Do Not Miss ANY New Delicious Instant Pot Recipes!!!
Great Chow Instant Pot Link on Amazon: IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W & FREE Shipping to anywhere in the world Link: https://amzn.to/2ZZ9L4O
GreatChowTV WebSite Quick Links:
- All Recipes: http://bit.ly/2RLPlcG
- Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: http://bit.ly/2qjsNH2
- All Essential Links Link in Bio: https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv
FOLLOW GreatChowTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
- Website (Instant Pot Recipes): http://bit.ly/2KSBC3o
- YouTube (Delicious Videos): http://bit.ly/2LCwgIO
- Facebook (Lets Connect, Pics, Vids): http://bit.ly/2NqptVc
- Instagram (Awesome Food Photography and Videos): http://bit.ly/2NstGI5
- Pinterest (Delicious Boards and Pins): http://bit.ly/2J5zfrT
- Twitter (Keep Up-to-date): http://bit.ly/2FKoPfa
- All Essential Links (Link in Bio): https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv
- GreatChowTV Amazon Store (All The Good Stuff!!!) https://www.amazon.com/shop/greatchowtv