Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs – Sweet and Sticky Asian Style Instant Pot Short Ribs
Nothing shows off the Instant Pot’s capabilities quite like creating fall-off-the-bone Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs. In just under an hour you will have some of the most tender short ribs, ever! These tender short ribs are coated in a complementray,savory, and delicioussweet and sticky Asian inspired sauce (Spice is optional of course). One thing that the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker excels at is accelerating the tenderizing process of braising tough meats in flavorful liquids. This process breaks down the meat while transferring flavorful liquids and juices into the meat rendering delicious, succulent and luscious full flavored meats such as the short rib. Any leftover meat can be shredded and used as an amazing Grilled Cheese filler; with barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese and a little caramelized onions.
Full Disclosure: The Short Ribs pictured and in the video, I ate them all…, all by myself…, right after I was done taking pictures of them, I made them disappear..gone..all by myself. lol … I couldn’t help it, I have no shame! : )~
Here is a Gallery from Todays Instant Pot Short Rib Recipe and Video
Click Below For the Full Video for Instant Pot Short Ribs on YouTube:
The sauce is a sweet and sticky Asian inspired sauce. We will use a combination of barbecue sauce, beef stock, honey, fresh ginger and garlic just to name a few ingredients. It’s a delicious recipe for Instant Pot Short Ribs which I am sure you will enjoy. This recipe is perfect served with a side salad and mashed potatoes or polenta.
Recipe and Directions
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (10-oz.) bone-in beef short ribs, nicely marbled, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Liquids and Sauce
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 cup your favorite Barbecue Sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Pepper Sauce (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp lower-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Beef Stock to Mix with Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (for Garnish)
- 1/3 Thinly sliced scallions (for Garnish)
- 1 package of TriColor Grape tomatoes for Garnish, tomatoes cut in half
Turn on Instant Pot By selecting the sauté button until the read out says HOT. Add olive oil to the pot, and heat until warm. Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper, and cook, in batches in cooker, until browned, about 2-3 min per side. Transfer short ribs to a plate.
Add ginger and garlic to cooker, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add stock, and cook 1 minute; scraping bottom of the pot to loosen browned bits. Add barbecue sauce, vinegar, sugar, Tiger Sauce (pepper sauce optional), honey, and soy sauce; stir to combine. Return short ribs to cooker.
Close and lock the lid in place, Set the Pressure Valve to Sealing Position, click Manual (to set the time), Use the + or – Buttons to Set Time to 45 min. After the Cooking Cycle is Over, allow the Pressure Cooker to stay on the Lo/Warming Cycle for 10 Min. Manually Release the Pressure. After the Float Valve Drops, Open the Lid, and remove ribs; set aside.
With a spoon skim any extra oil from the top of the sauce. Press Sauté on normal heat. Bring sauce to a simmer. Stir together cornstarch and 1Tbsp beef stock (cold water if you wish) in a small bowl. Whisk cornstarch slury mixture into sauce. Cook, whisking often, until thickened and slightly reduced, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve sauce over ribs.
Step 5 – Garnish (Your Almost Done!)
Garnish with scallions on top, For color I like to slice try color grape tomatoes all around the outside, I think its a nice presentation for your Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Asian Inspired Short Ribs.
The short Ribs are delicious over mashed potatoes or rice. (White rice, jasmine rice, brown rice, instant pot mashed potatoes).
Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you do make these instant pot short ribs, Asian inspired sweet and sticky short ribs. They are tender and delicious and I’m sure you were going to love them. Let me know what you think!
See you next time!
FOLLOW GreatChowTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
- Website (Instant Pot Recipes): http://bit.ly/2KSBC3o
- YouTube (Delicious Videos): http://bit.ly/2LCwgIO
- Facebook (Lets Connect-Get Instant Pot Recipes): http://bit.ly/2NqptVc
- Instagram (Awesome Food Photography and Videos): http://bit.ly/2NstGI5
- Pinterest (Delicious Boards and Pins): http://bit.ly/2J5zfrT
- Twitter (Keep Up-to-date): http://bit.ly/2FKoPfa
- All Essential Links (Link in Bio): https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv