Instant Pot Healthy and Nourishing Spinach Soup Recipe, Pressure Cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Its Fresh, Smooth and Delicious and Packed with Iron and Vitamins, which is Perfect for building a Strong Immune System. Pressure Cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, we unlock all of the nourishing and healthy properties and even better its pressure cooked for only 12 minutes!
Here is a Picture Gallery from Todays Instant Pot Spinach Soup Recipe:
Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV. Today we are making a very healthy and nourishing instant pot pressure cooked dark leafy green baby spinach soup; its packed with iron and vitamins that are so important for your strength and immunity, which is the point of this recipe. We use all fresh, whole vegetables… and a ton of fresh spinach. This soup has a beautiful and vibrant jade color, and very smooth in consistency. Then we’ll finish it off with a swirl of cream and fresh homemade Italian spiced croutons that we will also make!
Here is the Video: Just Click the Play Button!
GreatChowTV on YouTube ! Subscribe Today!
Recipe and Directions
- 16oz Baby Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Russert Potato
- 4c Chicken Stock (or Vegetable Stock)
- 2 Cloves fresh Garlic
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 3/4 cup Sliced Scallion (3-4 Scallions)
- 3 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt and 1 Tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper (Season to Taste)
- 4-5 Slices of Brioche Bread (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Paprkia
Prep: Roughly dice up yellow oinion, slice up scallions, peel and chop garlic, wash and cube up the potato.
- Turn the instant pot onto the Sauté Setting. Wait till the read out says HOT. Add a generous splash of olive oil, add your onions, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the cubes of potato. Sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add half of the spinach until it wilts (Saute another 2 to 3 minutes). Add 2 cups of Chicken (or Vegetable Stock). Add the rest of the spinach and add 2 more cups of the Stock. Note: (I add the spinach in 2 batches so I can fit and pack the full 16oz of spinach)
- Close and lock the lid in place. Set the Pressure Release Valve to the Sealing position. Turn the pressure cooker off (Press the Cancel Button). Press the Manual button and set the time to pressure cook to 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes is up, Manually Release the rest of the pressure. Carefully open the lid tilted lid away from you to deflect the steam. Leave the Instant Pot on the Low/Warming Setting.
- With an immersion blender Pulse and blend the spinach vegetable mixture into a smooth soup.
If you need a basic, easy to use, safe Immersion blender that easy to clean, here is a link. Immersion Blenders Unlock the full potential of Soups and Sauces that you can create in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker! Here is an Immersion Blender that I use: Click HERE !!! Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick – Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender
- Cube 4-5 slices of brioche bread and toss into a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, and seasonings and stir well.
- Lightly begin to drizzle and toss the cubes of bread. Drizzle more seasoned boil over the bread and keep the icing on total the cubes of bread are nicely coded with seasoned oil
- On a baking pan or toaster pan spread the cubes out and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, toss or flip the croutons and toast for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and remove.
Finish Up the Instant Pot Spinach Soup
Ladle a generous Amount of soup into your bowl. Drizzle some heavy cream, (Crème fraîche, Or plain yogurt). Add 3 to 4 croutons, A little fresh cracked pepper. And enjoy!
Bonus – Deconstructed Chicken Florentine!!!
One other little thing that I would like to add is… You can also use your soup for a deconstructed version of baked or grilled chicken Florentine. Just bake or grill some chicken and add some fresh ricotta cheese, Sprinkle grated \ shaved fresh Parmesan Cheese and drizzle some of this Instant Pot Spinach Soup, a little Fresh Cracked Black Pepper. Its Amazing!
Thank you so much for visiting hope you try out this recipe. And don’t forget to let me know how you made out!
Thank you, See you next time!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
Please Like and Subscribe on YouTube so You Do Not Miss ANY New Delicious Instant Pot Recipes!!!
Great Chow Instant Pot Link on Amazon: IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W & FREE Shipping to anywhere in the world Link: https://amzn.to/2ZZ9L4O
GreatChowTV Amazon Store (All The Good Stuff!!!):
GreatChowTV WebSite Quick Links:
- All Recipes: http://bit.ly/2RLPlcG
- Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: http://bit.ly/2YqMNTT
- All Essential Links Link in Bio: https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv
FOLLOW GreatChowTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
- Website (Instant Pot Recipes): http://bit.ly/2KSBC3o
- YouTube (Delicious Videos): http://bit.ly/2LCwgIO
- Facebook (Lets Connect – Get Instant Pot Recipes ASAP): http://bit.ly/2NqptVc
- Instagram (Awesome Food Photography and Videos): http://bit.ly/2NstGI5
- Pinterest (Delicious Boards and Pins): http://bit.ly/2J5zfrT
- Twitter (Keep Up-to-date): http://bit.ly/2FKoPfa
All Essential Links (Link in Bio): https://lnk.bio/greatchowtv
Other GreatChowTV Instant Pot Recipes !!!
(Watch The Videos Below !!!)